Beholden to You
by Carlie Sexton
On the heels of tragic loss, the stunning and innocent Natalie Mason, meets handsome business mogul Mac Carter. As Natalie attempts to pick up the pieces of her shattered life, circumstances beyond her control draw her and Mac into a situation she wants kept secret. The two are a matched set having both experienced immense loss in their lives. Uncertain of what she should do, she decides to give fate a chance, opening her heart to Mac, who just wants to love her. But the past, who often times takes no prisoners, rears its ugly head in a double dose. Mac’s ex-girlfriend cannot accept that their love affair is over and takes drastic measures through deception and blackmail to ensure that Mac will be hers. Natalie, on the other hand, has to face the one responsible for her sister’s death. As her journey begins to bring justice and closure, the past transports to her feet an unexpected surprise—a long lost love desiring to posses her as his once again. Will Mac and Natalie’s newly blossoming love be able to endure what the past has delivered or will the victors of their hearts be the old flames who are staking their claim?
MEET THE CHARACTERS
I have always had a passion for reading my entire life. I love it so that I dedicated my life to educating children. As a teacher, I have had the profound pleasure of teaching children to read and explore their imaginations through a good book. Just recently I decided to write a story that had been on my mind. Now I have several that I want to turn into additional books. Writing has become a passion that I dearly love. I live with my handsome husband in Southern California. We enjoy the relaxed lifestyle that California provides. We have two beautiful dogs, but on children.
20 Fun Facts About Carlie Sexton:
- I was born in Louisiana. Still consider myself a Southern Belle, even though I have lived in California longer.
- I never eat lima beans because they remind me of stink bugs.
- In high school, my favorite sport in P.E. was archery.
- My toes are always painted.
- I lived in Hawaii from 5-9 years old. Learned to hula then.
- I’m technically challenged and didn’t send my first text until August~2013.
- I met my hubby at a church singles group.
- When writing the Killer Next Door series, I watched all of the Dexter episodes in about a month!
- My favorite color is purple, but I only have 2 purple items in my closet.
- I have 2 dogs. One whines and one groans to get my attention.
- My hubby is complicated and I modeled Neil after his assertive side and Mac after his perceptive, nurturing side.
- My favorite super hero is Wonder Woman.
- I’m addicted to mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- I became a teacher at 35.
- My hair is naturally curly, but I straighten it.
- My favorite wine is Moscato.
- I never played Scrabble until I was in my 30’s.
- In college I drove a Camaro.
- I love decorating and my home has an Italian flare to it.
- I eat an apple and a pear every day.
BOOK TRAILER LINKS
THE KILLER NEXT DOOR SERIES
FFY Amazon Global Link: http://myBook.to/ffyamazon
TBY Amazon Global Link: http://myBook.to/tbyamazon
GTY Amazon Global Link: http://myBook.to/gtyamazon